Culinary game & forest weeks in Val d'Ega & Aldino
20/09 - 06/10/2019
Who loves the delicious game dishes, should not miss the culinary autumn in Val d'Ega and in Aldino. Especially autumn with its abundance of summer ripe fruits, berries, herbs and mushrooms provides the healthy, natural ingredients for the tasty variations of game dishes.
So, enjoy from the 20th September to the 06th October 2019 in 12 restaurants in Val d'Ega and in Aldino special game and forest dishes under the fantastic mountain scenery of the Dolomites!
>>DOWNLOAD FLYER GAME & FOREST WEEKS
- Romantik Hotel Post - Nova Levante - Tel. +39 0471 613113
- Hotel Restaurant Pardeller - Nova Levante - Tel. +39 0471 613144
- Tscheiner Hütte - Carezza - Tel. +39 0471 612036
- Mayrl Alm - Obereggen - Tel. +39 333 6234245
- Berghütte Oberholz - Obereggen - Tel. +39 0471 618299
- Hotel Gasthof Stern - Nova Ponente - Tel. +39 0471 616518
- Restaurant Adler - Nova Ponente - Tel. +39 0471 616280
- Sportcenter Deutschnofen - Nova Ponente - Tel. +39 0471 616412
- Golfclub Petersberg - Monte San Pietro - Tel. +39 0471 615122
- Berghotel Jochgrimm - Oclini - Tel. +39 0471 887232
- Auerleger Alm - Oclini - Tel. +39 339 8889293
- Schmieder Alm - Aldino -Tel. +39 0471 886810
Culinary Game and Forest Festival on the Mayrl Alm in Obereggen - 21/09/2019
On 21st September 2019, the Game and Forest Festival will take place on the Mayrl Alm in Obereggen as part of the Culinary Game and Forest Weeks in Val d'Ega and Aldino.
From 10.00 a.m. wild aperitif will be served, followed by lunch at the Mayrlalm with local game dishes from our own hunting and musical accompaniment with the South tyrolean music band "Südtiroler Hoderlumpm". The special South Tyrolean mushrooms "Kirnig" from Aldino will also be there.
>>DOWNLOAD FLYER CULINARY GAME & FOREST FESTIVAL
RECIPE: COOK & ENJOY
Venison back steaks in bacon coat with porcini mushrooms
800 grams deer back
12 slices of bacon
500 grams porcini mushrooms
1 shot port wine
1 bunch rosemary
1 bunch parsley
2 tablespoons butter
1 dash of olive oil
1 pinch salt, pepper and sugar
Remove the deer back from the bones and remove the silver skin. Cut the venison fillet (800 g) into three-finger-wide slices and put aside.
Spread rosemary evenly over the bacon, then wrap the meat pieces with the 12 bacon strips and fix with kitchen thread and salt.
Brown the medallions in a pan with melted butter until they are crispy. Place the meat in the oven at 120°C to keep it warm and cook it.
Pepper the remaining gravy in the pan, toss with rosemary, deglaze with port wine and allow to thicken. This makes a very tasty sauce with the meat.
Sauté the cleaned and cut porcini mushrooms (500 g) in a pan with oil and season with garlic, parsley, pepper, salt and butter.
Arrange everything on a plate and serve.
This delicious autumn dish goes well with a powerful red wine!