Holidays in the Dolomites with the feelgood factor
Holidays in the Val d’Ega? A safe bet!
First of all: the Val d’Ega...
- … is just 20 minutes by car from the provincial capital Bolzano.
- ... covers an area of 200 km2 – of which 70% is forested!
- ... has a population density of just 40 inhabitants per km2.
- ... has around 5,000 cosy beds for guests – just 24 beds per km2.
- ... is proud to offer 17 hotels in the 4-star and 4-star S categories and 140 smaller establishments in farmhouses or with private landlords – which account for some 65% of all accommodation!
Carefree hiking fun
To ensure that the summer season can begin on time and run smoothly and safely in Val d'Ega we take maximum care to ensure that hygiene, cleanliness and all existing precautions are observed for your safety. Book your holiday! Believe us - it's good for the soul! Should you change your mind at short notice: The cancellation conditions are as flexible as our hosts in Val d'Ega.
Your safe travel to South Tyrol:
- Persons from EU countries and Schengen states (list C countries) have already been permitted to enter South Tyrol without having to quarantine since 16 May 2021.
- Upon entry, the person entering the country must:
- carry with them an antigen or PCR test with a negative result. This must not be older than 48 hours unless they have been vaccinated against or have recovered from coronavirus. Proof of vaccination counts from the 14th day after the completed vaccination cycle. This test is also valid for the CoronaPass South Tyrol. Children under 6 years of age are exempt from testing.
- Online registration with the South Tyrolean Medical Service prior to arrival in Italy.
- Online registration via the EU Digital Passenger Locator Form (dPLF) prior to entry into Italy In the event of a check, a confirmation email on a smartphone is sufficient proof.
- Accommodations are open provided that the following safety measuresare respected. For more details, please contact your respective accommodation provider.
- When returning from South Tyrol to their respective home country, guests must also observe the entry requirements applicable in their respective home country as applicable to a return trip from Italy. You can find out what you need to consider on your return journey to your home country here!
The most important measures:
- Wearing mouth-nose protection in all enclosed spaces and wherever the prescribed safety distance cannot be maintained (including retail shop and catering establishments).
- Regular disinfection of the gondolas and chairs of the lift facilities as well as all common areas.
- All service staff wear masks
- Use of Plexiglas partitions and contactless payment facilities at the sales counters
- Disinfection dispensers in the entrance areas of the lift facilities, in front of the ticket counters, in the toilets and in the catering facilities.
How can YOU help?
- Wash and disinfect your hands regularly.
- Keep to the minimum distance required by law (1 metre).
- Wearing a surgical mask outdoors is no longer mandatory. However, it is still compulsory to have a surgical mask with you and to wear it whenever there are crowds. Always wear a mouth-nose protection if the minimum distance cannot be guaranteed or if you are in closed rooms.
- The retail shop is open all week. Wearing an FFP2 mask while shopping is compulsory for persons 12 years and older. For people with a green passport/CoronaPassport, a surgical mask is sufficient.
- Bars and restaurants are open.
- Mouth-nose protection is required when entering a restaurant - you may remove it at the table.
- Public transport and cable cars will operate at 80% transport capacity. Wearing a surgical mask while on board is mandatory for people aged 12 and over, although wearing the FFP2 mask is still recommended.
- If you feel ill, please stay in your room, do not go hiking, do not visit any catering establishment and do not participate in any event. Inform your host about possible symptoms. Information on rules, regulations and measures concerning the coronavirus can be obtained from the State Agency for Civil Protection (800 751 751).
Green Pass South Tyrol
The CoronaPass South Tyrol is given to all persons who:
- have tested negative for Covid-19 and provide valid proof,
- have received the first vaccination against Covid-19 and provide valid proof (the CoronaPass South Tyrol is issued already after 15 days after receiving the first vaccination)
- have received complete vaccination against Covid-19 and provide valid proof (valid for 9 months)
- have recovered from a proven Covid-19 infection during the past 6 months and provide proof from their competent healthcare facility.
The negative test certificate is valid for 72 hours from midnight on the day of the test. The certificate of vaccination is valid for nine months, whereas the certificate of recovery is valid for six months.
Negative test results from an antigen or PCR test taken anywhere in Italy or abroad are also accepted as a Green Pass/CoronaPass South Tyrol and are valid for 72 hours from midnight on the day of the test. Evidence of vaccination received abroad and official certificates of recovery issued by the health authorities of a foreign country following a proven infection during the past six months are accepted as a Green Pass/CoronaPass South Tyrol, too.
The CoronaPass South Tyrol allows you access in the highest security and is required:
- for a visit to a restaurant or bar with more than 4 people at one table
- for access to publicly accessible indoor swimming pools, saunas and wellness centres, fitness studios and other indoor sports facilities as well as for the use of changing rooms and showers
- for a visit to the cinema, theatre or a concert, if more than half of the seats are used in relation to the total capacity
- in the case of overnight stay in communal areas, such as mountain huts
With the local Covid test option, we pursue the goal of providing an uncomplicated testing option for tourists. Free rapid tests are offered at the following locations:
- Test Centre Kardaun (antigen rapid test and antigen rapid nasal test - Registration required: https://bzgsaltenschlern.prenotami.cloud/)
- Monday 3.00 - 6.00 pm
- Friday 3.00 - 6.00 pm
- Fire brigade hall - Nova Ponente (antigen rapid test and antigen rapid nasal test - Registration required: Ph.: +39 0471 617 500)
- Monday 5.00 - 7.00 pm
- Friday 5.00 - 7.00 pm
- Nova Levante Civil Defence Centre (antigen rapid test and antigen rapid nasal test - Registration for antigen rapid test required until the day before: Ph.: +39 0471 613 114)
- Monday 6.00 - 7.00 pm
- Thursday 6.00 - 7.00 pm
These can be used by all guests free of charge.
The registration form can be found here!