Holidays in the Dolomites with the feelgood factor
Holidays in the Val d’Ega? A safe bet!
First of all: the Val d’Ega...
- … is just 20 minutes by car from the provincial capital Bolzano.
- ... covers an area of 200 km2 – of which 70% is forested!
- ... has a population density of just 40 inhabitants per km2.
- ... has around 5,000 cosy beds for guests – just 24 beds per km2.
- ... is proud to offer 17 hotels in the 4-star and 4-star S categories and 140 smaller establishments in farmhouses or with private landlords – which account for some 65% of all accommodation!
- ... offers two Dolomiti Superski areas offering 90 km of perfectly groomed pistes.
Carefree skiing fun - We care about you
The Val d’Ega ski resorts have been preparing for weeks to ensure that the 2020/21 winter season can begin on time and run smoothly, safely – and of course snowily. We take maximum care to ensure that hygiene, cleanliness and all existing precautions are observed for your safety.
- Lift queues are a rarity thanks to the high passenger capacities and various access points (7 in Carezza, 5 in the Latemar Ski Center).
- On weekdays the lifts can transport ten times as many guests as can be accommodated in the Val d’Ega – so quiet slopes are guaranteed!
- The Carezza and Latemar Ski Center areas feature mainly chairlifts, which permit rapid passenger ascent, all in the fresh air. The cable cars (there are only five) have a maximum capacity of ten people, with open windows ensuring fresh air.
- Travel times on all lifts are short – less than the 15-minute contact limit. (A face-to-face contact of 15 minutes or more means a higher risk of infection.)
- All lifts are regularly disinfected.
- Thanks to the new Skiers Map you can see in real time how busy the lifts are.
- From 15 November ski passes can also be bought online: simply pick up your pass from the ticket box or the Digital Line (fast lane) using the QR code purchased.
- Many hotels also allow guests to buy or pick up tickets on the premises.
Ski schools and ski rental outlets:
- The prescribed group sizes and minimum distance regulations will all be observed on ski and snowboard courses. Timing of courses will be staggered and meeting points kept separate.
- The cleaning and disinfection of all rental equipment (ski boots, skis, ski poles, helmets, snowboards and toboggan) is guaranteed after each use.
Ski huts and staff:
- All ski huts have large sun terraces, and many also offer online booking.
- Staff in many hotels, as well as those of the lift operator Obereggen AG, in the ski huts and in the ski rental outlets in Obereggen are all tested for COVID-19.
- All accommodation and service providers scrupulously comply with the safety regulations as required by law (minimum distancing, mouth-nose protection, disinfectant dispensers, etc.)
Free cancellations or refunds are guaranteed in the event that COVID-19 causes the closure of lift facilities and/or hotels.