Swimming in the Dolomites
Dive into happiness
Simply dive in, feel yourself weightless, let your muscles relax - nothing is more refreshing after a day out in the Dolomites than leaping into the cool water!
Open air swimming in the Val d'Ega
You can float in the heated outdoor swimming pool in Nova Levante, savouring the Alpenglow as the giant peaks of the Catinaccio and Latemar massifs form a cinematic backdrop to a day in the pool. Collepietra too has an open-air pool where visitors can crawl, dive, float or simply mess about after a long day’s hiking or biking. The nearby provincial capital of Bolzano offers plenty of water fun, with a children's club, swimming lessons, tournaments and music evenings. And the lakes in the surrounding area - the Laghetto di Fié, the Lago del Colle at Aldino and the Monticolo and Caldaro lakes – let you experience the joys of swimming in nature!
Swimming pools in the Val d'Ega:
- Open air pool in Nova Levante (heated): open daily from June to August - subject to a fee.
Via Dolomiti 26a, 39056 Nova Levante, Ph. +39 0471 613273
- Open air pool in Collepietra: open from the beginning of July to the end of August - subject to a fee. Via Weissenbild 8, 39053 Collepietra. Ph. +39 0471 377031.
- Lido open air pool in Bolzano: open daily from 09.30 to 20.00 from May to September - subject to a fee. Viale Trieste 21, 39100 Quartiere Gries-S. Quirino - Bolzano. Ph. +39 0471 911000, email@example.com
- The Gargazon Natural Bath: open from June to September - subject to a fee. Approx. 40 kilometres from the Val d'Ega; Via stazione 37, 39010 Gargazzone. Ph.+39 0473 291129, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bathing lakes in the surrounding area
- Laghetto di Fiè in Fiè allo Sciliar: parking facilities are available for a fee, but access to the pond and the bathing jetty is free of charge; approx. 33 kilometres from Val d'Ega; Via Bolzano 4, 39050 Fiè allo Sciliar. Ph. +39 0471 725047, email@example.com
- Lago di Costalovara on the Renon: open from the beginning of June to mid-September - free parking, access to the lake subject to charge. approx. 33 kilometres from Val d'Ega; Via Paese 5, 39054 Collalbo - Ritten. Ph. +39 0471 356100, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Göller in Aldino: from last parking opportunity approx. 20-minute walk in the forest to the lake, free of charge; approx. 30 kilometres from Val d'Ega; Paese 34, 39040 Aldino. Ph. +39 0471 886800, email@example.com
- Favogna Lake in Bassa Atesina: approx. 60 kilometres from Val d'Ega; Schweigglplatz 8, 39040 Kurtatsch an der Weinstraße. Ph. +39 0471 880100, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Montiggl Lakes in Oltradige: Pool at the large lake of Monticolo open from May to September - subject to charge. Parking and access to the lakes are subject to charge. Approx. 40 kilometres from Val d'Ega; Via Monticolo 55, 39057 Monticolo - Appiano. Ph. +39 0471 664155, email@example.com
- Lago di Caldaro on the South Tyrolean Wine Route: parking and access to the lakes are subject to charge. Approx. 40 kilometres from Val d'Ega; S. Giuseppe al Lago, 39052 Caldaro. Ph. +39 0471 963169, firstname.lastname@example.org