Swimming in the Dolomites
Dive into happiness
Simply dive in, feel yourself weightless, let your muscles relax - nothing is more refreshing after a day out in the Dolomites than leaping into the cool water!
Open air swimming in the Val d'Ega
Savouring the Alpenglow as the giant peaks of the Catinaccio and Latemar massifs form a cinematic backdrop to a day in the pool. Collepietra too has an open-air pool where visitors can crawl, dive, float or simply mess about after a long day’s hiking or biking. The nearby provincial capital of Bolzano offers plenty of water fun, with a children's club, swimming lessons, tournaments and music evenings. And the lakes in the surrounding area - the Laghetto di Fié, the Lago del Colle at Aldino and the Monticolo and Caldaro lakes – let you experience the joys of swimming in nature!
Swimming pools in the Val d'Ega:
- Collepietra outdoor swimming pool: open from the beginning of July to the end of August - subject to a fee. Via Weissenbild 8, 39053 Collepietra. Phone +39 0471 377031.
- Lido outdoor swimming pool in Bolzano: open from 05.06. to 13.09.2020 (05.06.-14.08.2020 morning admission from 07.00 am to 09.00 am, 05.06.-13.09.2020 daily from 09.30 am to 08.00 pm) - subject to charge. Viale Trieste 21, 39100 Quartiere Gries-S. Quirino - Bolzano. Phone +39 0471 911000, email@example.com.
- The Gargazon Natural Bath: open from 27.06. to 06.09.2020 (27.06.-30.08.2020 daily from 10.00 am to 07.00 pm; 31.08.-06.09.2020 daily from 11.00 am to 06.00 pm) - subject to charge. Approx. 40 kilometres from the Val d'Ega; Via stazione 37, 39010 Gargazzone. Phone +39 0473 291129, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bathing lakes in the surrounding area
- Laghetto di Fiè in Fiè allo Sciliar: parking facilities are available for a fee, but access to the pond and the bathing jetty is free of charge; approx. 33 kilometres from the Val d'Ega; Via Bolzano 4, 39050 Fiè allo Sciliar. Phone +39 0471 725047, email@example.com.
- Lago di Costalovara on the Renon: open from the beginning of June to mid-September - free parking, access to the lake subject to charge. approx. 33 kilometres from the Val d'Ega; Via Paese 5, 39054 Collalbo - Ritten. Phone +39 0471 356100, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lake Göller in Aldino: from last parking opportunity approx. 20-minute walk in the forest to the lake, free of charge; approx. 30 kilometres from the Val d'Ega; Paese 34, 39040 Aldino. Phone +39 0471 886800, email@example.com.
- Favogna Lake in Bassa Atesina: approx. 60 kilometres from the Eggen Valley; Schweigglplatz 8, 39040 Kurtatsch an der Weinstraße. Phone +39 0471 880100, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Montiggl Lakes in Oltradige: Pool at the large lake of Monticolo open from 29.05. to 06.09.2020 (depending on weather conditions) - subject to charge. Parking and access to the lakes are subject to charge. Approx. 40 kilometres from the Val d'Ega; Via Monticolo 55, 39057 Monticolo - Appiano. Phone +39 0471 664155, email@example.com.
- Lago di Caldaro on the South Tyrolean Wine Route: parking and access to the lakes are subject to charge. Approx. 40 kilometres from the Val d'Ega; S. Giuseppe al Lago, 39052 Caldaro. Phone +39 0471 963169, firstname.lastname@example.org.