Swimming in the Dolomites
Dive into happiness
Simply dive in, feel yourself weightless, let your muscles relax - nothing is more refreshing after a day out in the Dolomites than leaping into the cool water!
Open air swimming in the Val d'Ega
You can float in the heated outdoor swimming pool in Nova Levante, savouring the Alpenglow as the giant peaks of the Catinaccio and Latemar massifs form a cinematic backdrop to a day in the pool. Collepietra too has an open-air pool where visitors can crawl, dive, float or simply mess about after a long day’s hiking or biking. The nearby provincial capital of Bolzano offers plenty of water fun, with a children's club, swimming lessons, tournaments and music evenings. And the lakes in the surrounding area - the Laghetto di Fié, the Lago del Colle at Aldino and the Monticolo and Caldaro lakes – let you experience the joys of swimming in nature!
Swimming pools in the Val d'Ega:
- Open air pool in Nova Levante (heated): open daily from 10.00 until 18.00 from Mid-June to August; tel. +39 0471 619 520
- Open air pool in Collepietra: open from June to August; tel. +39 0471 377 031
- Lido open air pool in Bolzano: open daily from 09.30 to 20.00 from May to September; tel. +39 0471 911 000
Bathing lakes in the surrounding area
- Laghetto di Fié in Fié allo Sciliar: charge payable for parking, access to lake and jetty free of charge.
- Lago del Colle in Aldino: approx. 10-minute walk to lake through forest from last parking area.
- Monticolo and Caldaro lakes: approx. 40 km from the Val d'Ega in South Tyrol’s Oltradige region; charge payable for parking and access to lakes.