Tips for families in the Dolomites
Holidays with children? Holidays FOR children!
Should large and small need a break from walking, there are more than enough other things to do in South Tyrol's Val d'Ega! Here are some ideas:
Sport, fun, games and excitement
The Alpine Coaster in Predazzo zooms at up to 40 km/h down through the pine forests of the Val d'Ega; the Obereggen high-ropes course offers 25 different routes through the trees for Tarzan-like adventures; while swimmers can enjoy the outdoor pools at Nova Levante or Collepietra – not to mention South Tyrol’s bathing lakes! Immerse yourself in a fresh holiday experience!
Ride through the meadows on horseback or head for the hills on trekking tours with other animals – the Val d'Ega offers horses, llamas and even alpacas as companions!
The themed trails of the Latemarium will tell you all about the local flora and fauna, or provide amazing facts about the origins of the Dolomites. And the summer lifts make them easy to reach!
- Nova Ponente: playground and play area in village centre and at sports zone
- Ega: playground in village centre
- Obereggen: playground at valley station of Oberholz chairlift
- Pietralba: playground next to main car park
- Nova Levante: playground in schoolyard, at open-air concert area & NEW! Playground at valley station of the cable car
- Carezza: playground next to Kupferkanne Restaurant
- Collepietra: playground below church and on “Pstosserbühl” hill above village centre and in forest adventure area in Öl
- Monte San Pietro: playground in schoolyard and at sports zone