Mountain cinema in the Val d’Ega
A look outside, a look inside
The mountain cinema of the Val d’Ega comprises six panoramic spots along the hiking paths of Nova Ponente, Obereggen, Collepietra and Nova Levante-Lago di Carezza. Each location, unique in itself, also has something in common with the others: the dramatic scenery that presents itself to the viewer. Wild mountain ranges on the horizon, blue-white-yellow-grey spectacles in the sky, brightly coloured or dark green conifer forests, glittering white pastures in winter, lush green meadows in summer. The Dolomites landscape has a truly picture-postcard quality.
The 6 mountain cinemas
- The Latemarwiesen rewards an easy, half-hour walk with a place in the front row of the Catinaccio blockbuster!
- The view from the Waltherplatz can be reached in an hour on foot and gives unrestricted views of the Latemar range, the twin mountains of the Corno Bianco and Corno Nero, the Ortles massif, the Alps of the Stubai and Zillertal valleys, Monte Cavone and the Sciliar massif.
- After an hour’s walk you reach the Laab Alm which, besides tradi-tional fare, also offers cinematic views of Nova Ponente, the Brenta group, the Sciliar, Catinaccio and Latemar, right over to the Alps of the Ötztal valley.
- A three- to four-hour hike brings you to the Latemarium and late-mar.natura with interactive stations on the local flora and fauna as well as a dramatic panoramic spectacle.
- The Steineggerhof mountain cinema can be reached in one and a half hours and offers beautiful images of the Renon, the Isarco Valley, the Alpe di Siusi, and the Sciliar and Catinaccio massifs.
- The 3½ hour hike up to the Furner Oach rewards you with views of the Catinaccio, the Sciliar, the Alpe di Siusi, the Alps of the Zillertal valley, the Alpe di Villandro and the Renon high plateau.