This relaxing hike is sure to make the heart of every hiker beat a little faster. Fantastic views of the Latemar, Weißhorn and Schwarzhorn mountains and great places to stop for delicious refreshments make this hike an unforgettable experience.
The hike begins in Obereggen at the upper car park (1,550 m). Trail  leads across meadows directly to the Epircher Laner Alm Alpine farm (working farm) in 40 minutes. After a brief stop for refreshments, continue on trail  to the working Mayrl Alm Alpine farm (1,996 m) or continue to the Reiterjoch ridge (1,996 m), featuring the marvelous Ganischger and Zischg Alpine farms (30 min). The return trip is via the same route.
Getting to the starting point of the tour by public transport is easy and convenient.
By public bus line:
- 181 and change 184 from Bozen | Bolzano
- 180 and change 184 from Karersee | Carezza, Karerpass | Passo Costalunga, Welschnofen | Nova Levante
- 184 from Weissenstein | Pietralba, Petersberg | Monte San Pietro, Deutschnofen | Nova Ponente
- 184 Birchabruck | Ponte Nova
- 182 and change 184 from Steinegg | Collepietra, Gummer | San Valentino
Bus stop: Obereggen; online bus timetables: www.suedtirolmobil.info/en/
Parking: Parking lot Obereggen
|Activity time||3 h 00 min|
|Height difference||596 m|
|Activity time||1 h 10 min|
|Height difference||89 m|
|Activity time||3 h 50 min|
|Height difference||820 m|
|Activity time||20 min|
|Height difference||20 m|
|Activity time||4 h 30 min|
|Height difference||385 m|
|Activity time||2 h 16 min|
|Height difference||209 m|