The chapel is consecrated to the saints Rochus and Sebastian and owes its existence to an oath which the people of Nova Levante made during the plague in 1635/36. However, the chapel was only built between 1662 and 1666 and inaugurated in 1697. The long space of time between the oath and the chapel's completion was due to the fact that the people of Nova Levante were in disagreement over the location. The chapel is a building with a round apse, barrel vault and low-arch windows. Inside, there are several altars, the pulpit, sculptures and paintings - Baroque works from the 17th Century.
The chapel is not open to the public. The key for the chapel is available at the Romantikhotel Post Weisses Rössl in Nova Levante.
With the public bus line:
- 180 from Bolzano and Ponte Nova;
- 184 direct line from Monte S. Pietro, Nova Ponente, Obereggen and Ega;
- 181 from Pietralba, Monte S. Pietro and Nova Ponente to Ponte Nova with change to 180;
- 187 direct line from Collepietra;
- 182 from Collepietra to Ponte Nova with change to 180;
Bus stop: centre of Nova Levante; 5 minutes walk along the main road in the direction of the Passo Costalunga to the Chapel S. Sebastian; online bus timetables on the website of South Tyrol Mobility.
Destinazione: Welschnofen | Nova Levante
Parking: Parking lot cable car