The Joseph chapel at the 'Moartalalmwiese' (Moar Valley alpine meadow) was built in 1897 by the Association for Alpine Hotels. In the summer of the years prior to World War I, a mass was held there every day. For this reason, the management of the 'Grand Hotel Carezza' employed a hotel chaplain. In 1976, the parish of Nova Levante bought the chapel. Thereafter, the little church was renovated and extended. Today, it offers space for 200 people. The renovated chapel was consecrated on the 18th June 1983.
With the public bus line:
- 180 from Bolzano, Ponte Nova and Nova Levante;
- 184 from Monte S. Pietro, Nova Ponente, Obereggen and Ega to Nova Levante with change to 180;
- 181 from Pietralba, Monte S. Pietro and Nova Ponente to Ponte Nova with change to 180;
- 187 from Collepietra to Nova Levante with change to 180;
- 182 from Collepietra to Ponte Nova with change to 180;
Bus stop: Paolina; 5 minutes walk past the Carezza recycling centre to the S. Joseph Chapel; online bus timetables on the website of South Tyrol Mobility.
Destination: Welschnofen | Nova Levante
Parking: Parking lot Paolina